BC300 CORDED FALL MONITOR
Designed with clinician input
The BC300 monitor is made for easy common day-to-day caregiver use. It facilitates timely mobility assistance to help keep your patients safe from falls by alerting staff that a patient has moved off of a sensor pad, which can indicate their intention to exit the bed or chair.
The Pause feature gives the caregiver 60 seconds to remove the patient from the sensor without causing an alarm.
ALERTS show when to replace the batteries or sensor pad and if there is a lost signal.
CANCEL/RESET flashes when an alarm is triggered making it more noticeable for the caregiver.
SENSORS identify which sensor initiated the alarm.
Volume, Tone, and Delay controls are kept out of sight in the battery compartment
NURSE CALL JACK
Allows direct notification to nurse call
CLEANABLE PLASTIC STRAP
To attach to a wheelchair
- Areas That can be Monitored for Fall Management
- Fall Prevention in High-Risk Populations
- The Role of Hospital Staff in Fall Prevention
- The Use of Technology to Prevent Falls
- Build Your Fall and Fall Injury Prevention Program
- New Resources: AHRQ’s Quality and Patient Safety
- Bed Height Must be Individualized
- A New Resource from The World Health Organization: Step Safely
- The Same Chair Does Not Work For All Patients
- Protect Your Patients From Injury
EASE OF USE
- Dedicated controls for Reset, Volume, Delay, and Tone
- “REPLACE BATTERY”, “SIGNAL LOSS”, and “REPLACE SENSOR” indicator LEDs show status at a glance
- Nurse call jack allows direct notification to nurse call
- Volume has three different audible levels with a silent alert option (when connected to nurse call) to reduce alarm fatigue and not cause the patient/resident to restrain their movement (in compliance with CMS Guidance §483 11-28-17)*
- Delay control helps prevent false alarms when the patient momentarily moves off the sensor pad
- Tone switch allows to designate one of three settings according to facility preference or to dedicate to a specific patient
- AC adaptor option extends battery life, reducing maintenance and replacement costs
- Plastic strap and plastic wall mount bracket are included with the monitor (additional compatible bed and chair bracket options
are also available)
- Strain relief helps prevent damage to the cord when using with a corded sensor pad
- Durable thick plastic casing and impact-resistant protective rubber boot reduces replacement/repair costs
- Size: 4.7″ H x 3″ W x 1.3″ D
- Power Source: 3 AA batteries (included). Optional AC adaptor sold separately
- Battery Life is approximately 6 months with normal use
- Operating Temperature is 10º C – 40º C
- Conforms to UL Std. 1069 and Certified to CSA Std. C22.2 #205
* CMS Guidance §483 relates specifically to audible alarms in long-term care facilities