If your bed cables and wall receptacles are being damaged, Curbell’s Breakaway Cables can help put an end to it. This unique two-piece design safely breaks apart at a point away from the wall receptacle or wall patient station, reducing cable replacement and receptacle repair costs, and most importantly, minimizing patient risk.
- For use with Hill-Rom®, Stryker®, Carrol® and Huntleigh® beds
- Available for most common nurse call systems
- Various lengths are available
- Each half can be purchased separately
- One-year warranty
And they’re simple to use:
- Plug the wall end of the cable into the wall plate and tighten the thumbscrews
- Install the bracket to permanently mount the cable
- Plug the bed end of the cable into the bed junction box and tighten the thumbscrews
- Screw the strain relief clamp into the bed to permanently mount the cable
- Connect the two cables
- When moving the bed, disconnect the cables and place the tethered dummy plug into the wall end of the cable to prevent cord-out alarms
Standard 37-Pin Styles
Breakaway cables are available with several different plug styles for connecting to either a 37-pin receptacle or directly to a patient station. Part numbers for standard 37-pin connections are listed below.
Bed-to-Nurse Call Breakaway Cables
These Breakaway Cables connect directly to a wide variety of nurse call systems. Contact your Curbell sales representative at 1-800-235-7500 for more information.
Bed Exit Breakaway Cable
This cable allows the bed half of the Breakaway Cable to be plugged directly into a Rauland Responder® 4 Patient Station and provide a separate call for the bed exit alarm. Call your Curbell sales representative for information on cables for other nurse call systems.